Use of APDT Logo to Members Policy
The logos are the property of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT), but may be used by APDT members in good standing in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth below. Use of one or more of the logos shall constitute consideration for, agreement to and acceptance of the following terms and condition of this license by the user:
- The logos are the sole and exclusive property of APDT. Use of the APDT logos must be requested using the appropriate form located in the member area. The logos may not be copied directly from the web page. The logos may be used only by APDT members in good standing if and only if such use is made pursuant to the terms and conditions of this limited revocable license. Any failure by a user to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein may result in immediate revocation of this license, in addition to any other sanctions imposed by APDT. The interpretation and enforcement (or lack thereof) of these terms and conditions, and compliance therewith, shall be made by APDT in its sole discretion.
- As set forth in the enclosure, the logos are made available to APDT members in good standing in electronic format. The logos may not be revised or altered in any way, and must be displayed in the same form as produced by APDT. The logos may be printed in black and white or color. The colors on the logos (as attached) cannot be altered.
- The logos may be used in a professional manner on the user's business cards, stationery, literature, advertisements, storefront window or in any other comparable manner to signify the user's membership in APDT. The logo may never be used independent of the term "MEMBER," as set forth in the enclosure. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the logos may not be used in any manner that, in the sole discretion of APDT: discredits APDT or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill; is false or misleading; violates the rights of others; violates any law, regulation or other public policy; or mischaracterizes the relationship between APDT and the user, including by not limited to any use of the logos that might be reasonably construed as an endorsemen t, approval, sponsorship or certification by APDT of the user, the user's business or organization, or the user's products or services, or that might be reasonably construed as support or encouragement to purchase or utilize the user's products or services.
- Use of the logos shall create no rights for users in or to the logos or their use beyond the terms and conditions of this limited revocable license. The logos shall remain at all times the sole and exclusive intellectual property of APDT. APDT shall have the right, from time to time, to request samples of use of the logos from which it may determine compliance with these terms and conditions. Without further notice, APDT reserves the right to prohibit use of the logos if it determines, in its sole discretion, that a user's logo usage, whether willful or negligent, is not in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of this license, otherwise could discredit APDT or tarnish its reputation and goodwill, or the user is not an APDT member in good standing.
- Any questions concerning the use of the logos or the terms and conditions of this license should be directed to the APDT Executive Director.