This presentation will provide a thorough overview of the four quadrants of operant conditioning. After reviewing the definitions of each of the four quadrants to ensure everyone attending is using terms such as "negative reinforcement" correctly, the presenter will discuss the advantages and disadvantages – including possible fallout -- of each of the four quadrants. She will also provide practical information on how to apply the four quadrants when training dogs and their humans. Understanding which quadrant you are working in at all times, and knowing the pros and cons of the quadrant you have selected, will improve your training and lead to faster results.
Irith Bloom has been training animals since childhood, and is proud to be associated with the dramatic advances in science-based animal training in the last couple of decades. She is committed to force-free methods of training, and treats both animals and humans with respect and compassion. Although her focus is on training dogs, Irith also has experience training other animals, including cats, horses, rabbits, and chickens.
To maintain her high standard of excellence and cultivate new techniques, Irith regularly attends seminars, courses, and workshops. She is a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner (KPA CTP), a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, and Victoria Stilwell Positively Dog Trainer (VPSDT).
Attendees of this seminar will:
1. Understand the four quadrants of operant conditioning
2. Learn advantages and disadvantages of each quadrants
3. Learn how to apply the quadrants when training dogs and their humans
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- CCPDT: 1.5 CEUs
- IAABC: 1.5 CEUs
- KPA: 1.5 CEUs
- IACP: 1.5 CEUs
- Professional Members: $20/Webinar
- Full/Associate Members: $30/Webinar
- Non-Member: $55/Webinar [Join APDT membership and save!]
- For Registration questions contact Alicia Reynolds, Director of Operations at Alicia@apdt.com