The Business of Dog-Dog Aggression
With Veronica Boutelle
Dog-dog reactivity/ aggression is one of the most lucrative private dog training niches. It’s also fraught with complexity. The high level of skill required, coupled with the anxiety and embarrassment surrounding the behavior, produce poor client compliance. The work calls for good therapy dogs and handlers—neither of which are easy to come by. And you rarely have the number of sessions needed to implement a full training plan. But if you have dog-dog experience and enjoy working with this issue, becoming known for it can take your private training business to a new level. Join dog*tec founder Veronica Boutelle, author of How To Run a Dog Business and co-author of Minding Your Dog Business, as she lays out a simple formula for building and profiting from a dog-dog niche.
- Understand the role of niches in marketing and market share.
- Understand the factors at play in client compliance, particularly for high-charged behavioral issues such dog-dog reactivity and aggression.
- Understand the role of the dog trainer in changing dog behavior, particularly in behavior case situations.
- Understand packaging, pricing, and policy options and how they impact business success and client decision making.
Target Level of Knowledge:
The following will not be taught or introduced in this course, as it is expected that all attendees already:
Veronica Boutelle is the founder of dog*tec, the dog pro industry’s leading business consultancy, through which she has been helping dog professionals create their dream businesses since 2003. She is the author of How to Run a Dog Business: Putting Your Career Where Your Heart Is and the co-author of Minding Your Dog Business: A Practical Guide to Business Success for Dog Professionals, and writes the business column for the Association of Pet Dog Trainer’s Chronicle of the Dog. Veronica is a sought-after speaker at conferences and dog training schools across the country. She is former Director of Behavior & Training at the San Francisco SPCA.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUs)
- CCPDT: 1.5 CEUs
- IAABC: 1.5 CEUs
- IACP: 1.5 CEUs
- KPA: 1.5 CEUs
- Professional Members: $20/Webinar
- Full/Associate Members: $30/Webinar
- Non-Member: $55/Webinar [Join APDT membership and save!]
- For Registration questions contact Alicia Reynolds, Director of Operations at Alicia@apdt.com
Email: email@example.com, Phone: 1.800.PET.DOGS