Thinking About Getting a Dog?
There's lots of things to consider before bringing home a new dog as a pet for you and your family. Your lifestyle, household, children, and other pets are all factors in the decision. Whether or not it's a good time in your life to even get a dog is also vital to consider. And once you've made the decision, where do you go to find your new canine companion? Review the links below for information on how to make this important decision.
- Selecting the Right Dog for Your Lifestyle
- Good and Bad Reasons for Getting a Dog
- APDT Members Advice on Choosing a Dog Breed
- Finding a Dog From a Breeder
- Finding a Dog From a Shelter or Rescue Group
- Considerations for Families with Children
- Considerations for Multi-Pet Households
- Checklist For Bringing Home Your New Dog