To advance excellence in the profession of dog training and behavior consulting.
To be the leader in building and promoting dog training and behavior consulting as a profession.
- We believe in the fundamental value of the special relationship between dogs and humans, which benefits the individual and society as a whole.
- We believe in the fundamental value to society of the profession of dog training and behavior consulting.
- We believe in treating our human clients and their dogs with honesty and respect.
- We believe that dog training and behavior modification should be based on critical thinking, open inquiry, shared knowledge and standards of practice.
- We believe that reward-based training enhances the human-animal bond.
- Professionalism - acting respectfully and responsibly to dogs, people and colleagues.
- Excellence - lifelong learning and continued pursuit of knowledge.
- Integrity -conduct business with professional ethics, honesty and respect.
- Inclusiveness - treating each other with tolerance and maintaining an environment that respects and builds on the talents of others.
- Collaboration - working with colleagues and allied animal professions.
- Service - belief in the value of our members' contribution to our association, and to the clients and communities they serve.