APDT is going to the….CATS??
Cats are the number one pets in the US. In fact, about 86.4 million cats are owned as compared to about 78.2 dogs (according to an American Pet Products Manufacturers Association study). As pet professionals know, many homes have both species living together, which makes it especially important for dog training professionals to have well-rounded basic knowledge of cats and cat behavior. APDT is working hard to provide well-rounded education for dog trainers, and also support the cat owning public.
Trainer Search (click on "multi-species" tab)
Feline Related Webinars (FREE)
- Introducing New Cat to Resident Cat - Jacqueline Munera, CCBC, PCBC, CAP 2
They saying goes "Cats are like chips. You can't have just one!" So, for those who have a cat or cats and are thinking of adding another, learn how to set your felines up for success. Not all cats immediately like each other, so this quick tutorial will walk you through the process of kitty introductions.
- Introducing New Cat to Resident Dog - Jacqueline Munera, CCBC, PCBC, CAP 2
For families with dogs that are thinking of bringing home a new cat, this brief eLearning event is a "must see." Set your family up for success by doing it right – learn how to introduce a cat to your dog.
- Introducing New Dog to Resident Cat - Jacqueline Munera, CCBC, PCBC, CAP 2
Have a cat at home and are thinking about (or perhaps you already have!?) brought home a new dog? In this short presentation, learn how to properly mix canine and feline pets into a single household, hear tricks of the trade, and understand how each pet perceives the other. By properly introducing as early as possible, chances of success for long-term canine-feline households are much more likely.
- It Takes Two: Successful Cat and Dog Interactions: For the Public with Jacqueline Munera
- Two Common Feline Behavior Problems: Litter Box and Scratching with Katenna Jones
- All About Cats with Katenna Jones
- Lending a Paw to Help with Common Cat Behavior Problems With Steve Dale
- Keeping Shelter Cats Happy and Health With Katenna Jones
- Litterbox Problems With Trish Loehr
Feline Related Behavior Handouts & Downloads